Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 12, 2010


M and Jessie

Last night, M asked me to draw a picture of her and Jessie together. I could not let her down. I am very pleased with this drawing, which is very rare for me as I tend to be too critical of my art. I used the Bic round stic Grip pen (fine point) to do this entire drawing. That gives me more control for delicate shading. It is always more difficult to draw women and children because they tend to have softer features. It's easy to screw up and make them look too harsh.

But, this one turned out pretty well, even with the black ink shading. I took a recent shot of M and combined it with the reference that I used for Jessie yesterday. Patrizzia took a couple pictures of M with her toy Jessie, and although they were cute, this shot of her is just too sweet. They'll be friends forever, and it's the sweetest thing to see.

You can also click on the image to see it full size. Enjoy.

Finished Size: about 7" x 5"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails