Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010


Conan the Barbarian.

When I was 5, I saw Conan the Barbarian in the theater with my brother. So, it has always held a special place in my heart. Should I have seen it at that age? Probably not. But, people are just too sensitive these days anyway.

It is my favorite movie...right down to the soundtrack. Is is the best movie ever made? Not a chance. But, for nostalgic reasons, it will always be my favorite. And, it introduced me to Arnold Schwarzenegger...my boyhood idol. He was just the coolest, and I loved all of his movies...right down to the cheesy dialog and bad acting. He will always be an icon that revolved around my life in the 80's.


And, I have done several pieces of artwork of Arnold over the years. Here is one Acrylic painting of him that I made in college(1998). It was just a fun one to do. It was about 11" x 14", and all I have is this crappy quality photo from 11 years ago (old school camera). I'll have to take some nicer digital photos later. I'm just too lazy to do that right now.

Finished Size: about 3.5" x 4.5" (for sketch above)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails