Friday, October 8, 2010

October 8, 2010

I Got a Rock

Those famous words by Charlie Brown always warm my heart. It's one of my many favorite scenes from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I'm sure by now you can tell that I love that cartoon. Anyway, I had to draw this scene. I drew it pretty small (not much larger than a Post-It Note), and it's a bit difficult to see the rock in Charlie Brown's hand, but it's there (just click on the image to see it larger). Initially, I drew this as all line art. It looked good, but you lost too much info in between the characters and bags. So, I decided to liven it up and add some depth with shading. These guys are tiny, but I think it worked. Still, I would like to do a color version since I love the fall colors in the backgrounds. Anyway, this one was fun. I was also listening to the soundtrack as I drew this to add to the enjoyment. I love this month.

Finished Size: about 3.5" x 2.5"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails