Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010

Caricature

***So, this is interesting. I was just asked to take this image off of my blog by my company. Wow. I was not expecting that. Funny that I just put this up and practically NOBODY even saw it. I understand what they are saying, but I am so disappointed. I don't think that it was anything damaging, but whatever. It was pretty neat looking.***

So, I was given the opportunity to create an illustration for a project at work. That does not happen too often, but when it does, it's always a refreshing break and tons of fun. This project called for a caricature of the president from a division of my company in a suit giving thumbs up. They did not want it too "cartoony" or offensive looking, and they wanted it as Vector Art. Initially, I started to draw the caricature, but after finding out it needed to be created in Adobe Illustrator, I scrapped the drawing and did it all in the program. Working from a photo reference of the guy and a separate one of a skewed business person giving thumbs up, I created all the shapes for the illustration. It's a long process that takes a few hours (all today) since there are hundreds of points and shapes, but in the end, the result is what I desired. I like the whole "cell shaded" look, and now that this is done as vector art, this will print perfectly, whether it is 100 feet tall or 1 inch tall. And, that is the benefit of that kind of artwork. This was fun. Hopefully, everyone will enjoy it.

Finished Size: about 3" x 10" (but it can be resized to any size, perfectly)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails